Do you accept insurance? How does insurance coverage work for out of network services?
We do not accept insurance. We are considered “out of network” with all insurance providers. If you would like to use your insurance to possibly cover a portion of the cost of the services you receive, you should check with your insurance carrier. Check your coverage carefully and find the answers to the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- Will those benefits pay for work with a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- Does my plan offer coverage for group therapy?
- Will my plan pay for an out-of-network provider?
- Is there a limitation on how much the plan allows for pay per session?
- Is primary care physician approval required?
How do I submit a claim for reimbursement? Where do I get a superbill?
Billing statements (superbills) may be provided by your clinician or front desk staff upon request following an appointment. For your convenience, we can provide itemized statements, which include all the necessary information (NPI, CPT code, Tax ID etc.) on just a couple pages for multiple appointments. As such, you can submit one itemized statement which includes all of your recent appointments to your insurance company.
Ask our staff about our new Valant patient portal. This allows you to access monthly itemized statements and see other patient account information online without having to call or email.